Good Excuses To Get Out Of Work
Okay, so obviously you really value your job and that’s why you’re on this page and not on the other page of just ordinary excuses to get out of work. Your job is really important to you so here you are on the good excuses to get out of work page. As you can see these are all highly plausible and original excuses.
Try one of these Good Excuses to get out of Work
1. My car fell into a sinkhole.
2. My wife took my keys by mistake.
3. The cable guy is coming tomorrow and this is the only time he would come in the next six weeks.
4. My internet is down so I will be waiting in the service que on the phone all day tomorrow.
5. I need to go to the DMV and stand in line all day tomorrow to get my registration tags.
6. A guy from the city is coming to inspect the addition we are building and this is the only time he could come in the next six weeks.
7. My mother-in-law is coming to visit and I need to pick her up at the airport.
8. My mother-in-law is coming to visit and I need to pick up my medication from the doctor.
9. My mother-in-law is leaving so I’m throwing a party.
10. According to the guy who stands on my street corner, holding a sign, tomorrow is the end of the world.
11. Some guy parked a truck in my driveway. I found him and he needed to use my phone, so then he got in a conversation with my parrot. Then he told me about his parrot that sings Frank Sinatra songs. He invited me to come over to check out his parrot but it would have to be right then because his sister is taking the parrot to New York for an audition. His parrot knows more Frank Sinatra songs than I do, but I taught him a beetles tune. Bet you don’t know which one.
Will my boss believe these excuses?
No, of course not. If a person has been in a management position for any length of time, they pretty much assume anything coming out of the mouth of an employee is an excuse. That really doesn’t matter. If you apply your excuses correctly and don’t use the same ones too often your boss will just have to accept it or live in fear that you will get a lawyer or report him to your union. Still, a well crafted, original excuse will still make you look better in his eyes than throwing out any old lame excuse. If that’s what you want, go to our lame excuses page. But, if you want to look good, give him one of these good excuses to get out of work.